Saturday 6 March 2010

EVENT: Rejang River Regatta

OK.. well. I'm gonna talk about upcoming event in Sibu.. That's Rejang River Regatta... Do you know what is regatta? Actually at the beginning I don't also know about it.. Regatta is a term used to describe either a boat race or a series of boat races.. a regatta is either a series of rowing, sailing, gondola races or yacht racing.. Hmm I hope my info is enough for the introduction..

There is something special on this year regatta, that is Kenyalang boat race.. Hmm.. Actually, I haven't seen it in my life either because the last Kenyalang boat race was held on 1990.. Whoa.. I haven't born yet.. That's mean after a lapse of 20 years, this race is revived here..Each boat has the capacity of twenty people - 18 paddlers, 1 navigator, and 1 drummer... And more important the boat is decorated with a hornbill head at the front..

In conjuction with this event, a ten days carnival was held starting yesterday..these include night stage performance, funfair, food sale, exhibition and many more...

Kenyalang Boat Race





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...